Thursday, 5 March 2015
3 pcs boneless chicken - sliced
1 tbsp dried prawn - soak and pound
3 cloves garlic - chopped
1" ginger - sliced
1 large onion - diced
3-4 pcs dries chili - cut
1 tsp corn flour
1 egg (white only)
Spring onion for garnishing
(A) - Mixed into a bowl
1 tbsp dark soya sauce
1 tbsp oyster sauce
1 light soya sauce
1 tbsp corn flour
2 tbsp water
1 tsp black pepper
1tsp chicken stock - (powder)
1. Into a bowl, mixed chicken with pepper and salt. Coat with white egg and flour, deep fry until brown, set aside
2. Reduced the oil, leave about 1 tbsp oil. Sauté garlic, ginger, onion, curry leaves dried chili and dried chili until fragrance.
3. Add ingredient (A), stir for few second, once its thickened add in the fried chicken. Give it a quick stir and then remove from the heat.
Posted by Rokiah Jn at 5:34 pm
Wednesday, 4 March 2015
1 bowl cold rice
1 tsp tom yum paste
1 tsp dried chili paste
1 large onion - sliced
2 garlic - chopped
4 pcs prawn - diced
1 tsp light soya sauce
2 tsp fish sauce
1 tsp oyster sauce
1 lemon grass (just the white) - chopped
2 kafir leaves - finely sliced
1 tsp chicken stock (powder)
Mixed vegetables (carrot/geen peas/corns etc)
1. Heat about 1 tbsp oil, sauté until brown and then add onion and prawn. stirs
2. Add tom yum paste, dried chili paste and mixed vegetables.
3. Add in the other ingredients and rice. Stir for about 3 minutes.
4. Garnished with egg loss or green onion and served.
Posted by Rokiah Jn at 1:39 pm
Tuesday, 3 March 2015
4 cups bread flour
1 packet Instant yeast (1/4 oz)
1/3 cup of sugar
1 tsp salt
1cup of milk
1/3 cup unsalted butter
3 eggs yolks
1. Heat up milk and butter, just to melt the butter. (about 100 degree). Transfer into the mixer bowl and then sprinkle yeast in it then allow it to sit for about 5 minutes
2. Once the yeast mixture starts to bubbles, add flour, sugar, egg and salt, mixed from low to high until the flour mixed thoroughly. Increase the speed until dough if formed.
3. Transfer the dough into a flat surface, starts knead with your hand for about 5 minutes. Then transfer into the bowl (lightly greased with oil). Grease the top of the dough and then cover with plastic wrap. Allow it to rice into double. Roughly about an hour.
4. Cut the dough into 12 pieces, and then roll to make into long strip (12"), tie it into knot. Grease the baking tray and arrange the dough in it. Cover with kitchen tower and allow to rest for another 15 minutes.
5. Meanwhile heat up the oven to 180 degrees C, bake for about 20 - 25 minutes until it turns brown.
6. Brush with melted butter immediately after take out from the oven.
Posted by Rokiah Jn at 8:36 pm
Sunday, 1 March 2015
3 1/2 cup bread flour or all purpose flour
1 cup warm water
1/4 cup sugar
1 tbsp instant yeast
1 tsp salt
3/4 cup water
2/3 cup milk
4 tbsp butter
1 1/2 tsp lemon juice
1. Preheat the oven to 180 degrees.
2. Add flour, sugar , yeast and salt into electric mixing bowl.
3. Melt butter with water and milk. But do not bring it to boil. You may use the microwave oven for about 1 minute. Stir the butter until it dissolve
4. Add into the flour and together with lemon juice. Mixed it for about 5 minutes from low to high speed.
5. Remove from the bowl and knead and shape it into round dough. Brush oil on top of it and then cover with plastic and allow it to rest for about 1 hour until double the size.
6. Punch the dough and knead again. Cut the dough into 9 pieces and then shape the dough into small balls and placed it on the baking tray (make sure oil it first)
7. Cover with towel and allow it to rise again for about another 30 minutes.
8. Bake into the oven until it turn brown.
9. Remove from the oven and then brush melted butter on it. Allow to cool before serve.
Posted by Rokiah Jn at 4:26 pm
3 medium size potato - peeled
1 1/2 cups mayonnaise
1 tbsp white vinegar
1 tbsp yellow mustard
1 tsp salt
1 stalk celery - diced
1 small yellow onion - chopped
2 hard-boiled egg - cut or diced
Pepper and salt to taste
1. Boil peeled potato until cook but not too soft. Drain and allow to cool. Diced the potato and set aside
2. In a large bowl, mixed all other ingredient accept the boil egg. Season to your taste.
3. Add potato and mixed well, you may add the egg and stir together with the potato or just place it on top when serving.
Posted by Rokiah Jn at 4:00 pm
1/2 pack Thai rice noodles
1 pcs boneless chicken - sliced
1 cup bean sprout (optional)
1 carrot - sliced
2-3 cloves garlic - chopped
2 tbsp fish sauce
1/2 tsp tamarind paste
1/2 tsp lime juice
1 tbsp palm sugar
1 tsp chili paste (depending on your taste)
1 tbsp peanut - (fried and pounded)
Chinese chives - optional
1 boiled egg
1. Soak noodles until soft and set aside.
2. Heat oil in a wok, and sauté garlic until fragrance. Add in the chicken, stir fry for about 5 minutes and then set aside.
3. Break 1 egg, into the wok and add chili, continue stir; then add in the chicken and peanut. Season with fish oil, sugar lime juice.
4. Add noodles when its about to cook add in the bean sprout, carrot and chives. Stir fry until cooked
5. Garnished with coriander leave and boiled egg.
Posted by Rokiah Jn at 12:28 pm
pizza .. Anyone??? ..
For Pizza Base
2 cups all purpose flour
1 packet instant yeast
3/4 cup warm water
1 tsp sugar
3/4 tsp salt
3 tbsp olive oil
1 pc chicken breast - diced
1 can pineapple - diced
4 pcs mushroom - slice
4-5 pcs cherry tomato - cut into 2
1 red capsicum - diced
1 large yellow onion
1 packet Mozzarella cheese
3 tbsp tomato sauce ) combine
1 tbsp BBQ sauce ) into a small bowl
Salt, pepper and paprika powder
1. Add instant yeast into the warm water. Allow to rest for about 5 minutes
2. Combine flour, oil, sugar , yeast and salt in a bowl. Knead until it becomes dough; add more flour if it is too sticky.
3. Cover the bowl with towel or plastic wrap. Let it rest until it double the size (about 1 hour)
4. Once its ready, punch the dough and start roll it and place in the baking tray.
5. Pre-heat oven to 180 degree C. Bake this base for about 10 minutes, until it half cooked. Removed and add the topping and bake again until its ready.
1. Heat up 1 tbsp oil, sauté garlic until fragrance and then add in the chicken. Season with pepper, salt and paprika. Set aside
2. Glaze the half cooked pizza base with tomato and BBQ sauce. Top up with chicken, tomato, capsicum, pineapple and onion. Top up with cheese evenly
3, Bake until its turn brown for about 15 minutes.
Posted by Rokiah Jn at 10:51 am
Saturday, 28 February 2015
As usual … Its my way and my style of cooking
2 cups Basmathi rice - soak for 30 minutes
3 pcs anis star
2 pcs cinnamon stick
3 pcs cardamom
3 pcs cloves
1 tbsp oil or ghee
Salt to taste
1. After 30 minutes; Strain the rice and set aside
2. Add water into the pot; add in all other ingredients and bring to boil.
3. Add the rice; at cook for about 20 minute or until its 70% cooked.
4. Drain the rice; set aside
for Fried Chicken
6 pcs Chicken thigh - (or any parts-about 1 kg)
1 tsp Briyani masala (or garam masala)
1 tsp chili powder
1/4 tsp turmeric powder
1 tbsp ginger garlic paste (1" ginger + 4 pcs garlic)
Salt to taste
1. Add all the ingredients and marinade for about 30 minutes
2. Deep fry until its 70% cooked. set aside
Bryani Rice ingredients
2 Large onion - Chopped
1 bunch mint leaves - chopped
1 bunch coriander leaves - chopped
1 cup plain yogurt
2 tomato - chopped
1 cinnamon stick
2 anis star
1 tsp briyani masala
1 tsp coriander poder
1 tsp chili powder
1/2 tsp turmeric powder
1 tbsp lime juice (or orange juice)
A pinch of Saffron - soak with 2 tbsp hot water
chopped coriander/ mint leaves
Chicken stock (optional)
1. Heat 2 tbsp oil in a pot, add in items (A); followed by chopped onion and green chili. Stir until fragrance and then add in item (B); continue stirs.
2. Add coriander & mint leaves (leave some for garnishing) ; tomato, yogurt; lime juice and 1/2 cup of water. Season with salt and chicken stock granules
3. Add the fried chicken; slowly stir it and then spread the chicken evenly. Top up with rice.
4. Garnish with chopped mint and coriander, fried onion. Sprinkle with saffron. You can add raisin and cashew nuts if you like. Cover it tightly and let it cook with slow heat for another 30 minutes or until its ready. Do not stir as this will break the rice.
5. Bryani is ready to be served
Bryani Ayam Goreng Masala
Bahan2 utk nasi (di masak sehingga ¾ masak)
2 cawan Beras Basmathi – direndam selama 30 min
2 helai daun salam
Rempah 4 jenis (kayu manis, cengkih, pelaga & bunga lawang)
1 sudu ghee
Garam secukup rasa
(Bila hampir masak; angkat dan toskan)
Bahan untuk ayam goreng
1 kg Ayam – di potong
1 sudu makan garam masala
1 sd makan serbuk cili
¼ sd teh serbuk kunyit
1 sd makan halia/ bwg putih yg di tumbuk
Garam & perasa
(Gaul semua bahan dan goring ayam hingga 80% masak; angkat dan asingkan)
3 bunga lawang
3 buah pelaga
2 kayu manis
3 bunga cengkih
3 biji timato – di potong dadu
2 biji bawang besar – di cincang
4-5 biji cili padi
1 sd kecil serbuk cili
1 sd kecil serbuk ketumbar
1 sd makan garam masala
1 cawan dauh pudina yg di cincang
1 cawan daun ketumbar yg dicincang
1 cawan yogurt
1 tsp Lemon juice
garam secukup rasa
Saffron (direndam dengan sedikit air panas)
1. Panaskan minyak, tumis bawang bersama perencah 4 jenis hingga naik bau.
2. Masukkan serbuk cili, serbuk ketumbar, garam masala; tomato , cili padi, yogurt, air limau serta
daun ketumbar dan pudina yg telah di cincang tadi. Gaul rata dan masukkan garam & serbuk perasa.
3. Ratakan ayam (seeloknya jgn biarkan bertindan. Masukkan nasi yg separuh masak keatasnya.
4. Taburkan bawang goring, daun pudina, daun ketumbar, saffron dan sedikit ghee. Tutup rapat dan
masakkan selama 15 minit dgn api yang perlahan
5. Selamat mencuba
** Boleh ditambah dgn kacang gajus, kismis.
Posted by Rokiah Jn at 7:38 pm
500gm self raising flour
1 tsp instant yeast
1/2 tsp soda bikarbonat
1 cup water
1 tbsp sugar
1 tbsp olive oil
1. Add all the ingredients and knead slowly to make a dough. It will be a bit sticky and soft.
2. Cover the dough with plastic or towel. Let it rest for about 4 hours.
3. Once its rise; knead one more time and roll it about 1 cm thick. Then cut into strips and place 2 strip on top of each other. Allow it to rest for another 10 minutes.
4. Heat up oil in wok; for deep fry
5. Use a chopstick or satay stick; press the dough the stretch it. Twist a bit then slowly drop it in the wok. Fry it until golden brown.
6. Serve while still hot.
Posted by Rokiah Jn at 5:30 pm
Saturday, 1 March 2014
1 & 3/4 cup self raising flour
3/4 cup cocoa powder
1 & 1/2 cup brown sugar
2 eggs (beaten)
1 cup milk
1/2 cup olive oil
1 cup hot water (boiling)
1/2 tsp vanilla essence
1. Pre heat the oven to 180 degree C
2. Sieved the flour with coco powder. And then add in the sugar, eggs, milk and olive oil. Using the electric mixer, beat until fluffy
3. Add vanilla and hot water and continues whisk.
4. Pour into the cup cakes casing and bake for about 30 minutes.
5. Remove from the oven and allow to cool before keeping in the fridge.
This cake is nice to eat when it's chilled
Posted by Rokiah Jn at 3:05 pm
2 pcs chicken breast - cut into small pieces or cubes
3 cloves garlic - minced
1/2 inches or ginger - minced
3 pcs bird eye chili or red chili (depending on your taste)
1 stalk of curry leaves
1/4 cup evaporated milk
1 tbsp grated cheese
2 tbsp butter
1 tsp soy sauce
1 tsp oyster sauce
1 tbsp cornstarch (mixed with water)
1. Coat chicken with soy sauce and deep fried. set aside
2. Removed the oil and then melt the butter, add in minced garlic, ginger, curry leaves and chill. Sauté until it turn brown
3. Add in milk, soy sauce, oyster sauce & cornstarch. Stirs for few seconds and then add in the fried chicken followed with the grated cheese.
4. Removed from heat and served with white rice
Posted by Rokiah Jn at 2:43 pm
Friday, 29 March 2013
|Banana Bread with Desiccated Coconut|
1/2 cup Butter
1 cup brown sugar
2 eggs - beaten
4 banana - mashed
1 1/2 cup flour
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp vanilla
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 cup desiccated
1. Whisk butter and sugar until fluffy. Add in beaten egg, vanilla and mashed banana. Continue whisk
2. Sieved flour, baking powder and salt together. Add into the mixture, followed by the desiccated coconut. Mixed well and then transfer into the baking tray.
3. Bake in the oven at 180 degree C for about 45mins or until it turns brown.
Posted by Rokiah Jn at 10:44 pm
Tuesday, 26 March 2013
1 cup castor sugar
4 tsp vanilla essence
2 cups plain flour
1 cup self raising flour
1/4 tsp salt
3 tbsp cocoa powder
1. Combine and sieve both of the flour with salt and set aside.
2. Beat butter and sugar until soft and then add in the eggs and vanilla. Mixed well
3. Add the flour bit by bit and then divide into 2 portion. Add cocoa powder into one of the portion
4. Wrap with plastic both of the mixture separately and then keep in the fridge for 2-3 hours
5. Remove from the fridge. Divide the dough into 4 portion, and then make a roll of each of them and then join the 2 color mixture, roll it until it become one. Cut into a small size and use your finger or palm to shape it.
6. Arrange in the baking tray and then bake in a pre heat oven at 170 degree C for about 15-20 minutes.
Posted by Rokiah Jn at 5:10 pm
Saturday, 16 March 2013
|Baked Stuffed Zucchini|
2 medium size zucchini
1 fresh chili - chopped
1/2 cup minced chicken
1/4 cup chopped fresh prawn
1 onion - chopped
2 cloves garlic - chopped
1 tbsp Worcester sauce
Salt and black papper to taste
1. Cut zucchini and them scoop out the centre to make a cup
2. In a saucepan, heat about 1 tbsp oil and then sauté the onion and garlic until fragrant,
3. Add in the chicken, prawn and chopped chili; Season with worcester sauce, black pepper and salt. Cooked for about 2-3 minutes. and the removed from the heat
4. Scoop the meat into the zucchini and the bake in the oven at 150 degree C for about 15-20 minutes
Posted by Rokiah Jn at 9:10 pm
|Asam Pedas Melaka|
3 cuts fish
2 onion - sliced
2 garlic - sliced
1 tsp fenugreek
1 tsp mustard seeds
1 lemongrass (crushed)
a handful kesum leaves
1 tbsp tamarind paste mixed with 2 cups water
1 brinjal - cut
2 tomatoes - cut
1/2 tsp sugar
Salt to taste
Ingredients for Chili Paste (to be blended)
10 pcs dried chili (depending on your taste)
4 small onions
1/2 tsp turmeric powder (fresh turmeric root)
1 tbsp fennel seed (freshly ground)
1 tbsp cumin powder (freshly ground)
1 tsp ground black pepper
Method1. Heat about 2 tbsp oil in a pot, add fenugreek and mustard seed, allow to pop before add in the sliced onions , garlic & lemongrass. Fry until fragrant
2. Add in the chili paste, stir fry for about 15 minutes and then add in the fish and kesum leaves. Followed by the tamarind juice.
3. Add the brinjal, cook until its soft and then add in the ladyfinger and tomatoes. Season with salt and sugar.
4. Served with steamed rice.
Posted by Rokiah Jn at 9:01 pm
Healthy breakfast for your family.
|Oats and Strawberries Muffin|
1 cup Oats
1/2 cup raisin
1/2 cup desiccated coconut
1 cup low fat yogurt
1/4 cup low fat milk
1 1/2 cup self raising flour
1 large ripe banana (mashed)
4-5 pieces strawberries - chopped
50g brown sugar
Almond flakes for decoration
1. Pre heat oven to 180 degree C
2. Combine oats, yogurt and milk. Keep in the fridge for about 10-15 minutes.
3. Lightly beat the egg and pour into the mixture. Stirs, and then add in other ingredient; raisin, coconut, mashed banana, strawberries, sugar and flour.
4. Scoop the mixture into the muffin cup and sprinkle with almond flakes.
5. Bake the muffin for about 20-30 minutes or until it turn brown.
Posted by Rokiah Jn at 1:37 pm
Friday, 15 March 2013
1 cup cooked macaroni
1/4 yellow pumpkin
Few pieces button mushroom
1 large onion - cut
4 cloves garlic - crushed
1 tbsp chopped Parsley
1 tsp paprika (or chili powder)
1 tsp Italian herbs
2 tbsp olive oil
1 tsp freshly ground black pepper
Salt to taste
1. Cut all the vegetables and mixed with olive oil, Italian herbs, parsley, garlic and onion.2. Bake for about 20 minutes in the pre heat oven at 150 degrees
3. Place the cooked macaroni in a plate and then top up with the grilled vegetables.
4. And served.
Posted by Rokiah Jn at 9:55 pm
Ingredients - for fried rice
1 cup cooked rice
1 tsp chili paste
1 tbsp minced chicken
2 onion - chopped
2 garlic - chopped
1 tbsp mixed vegetables
1 tsp thin soy sauce
1/2 tsp chicken stock granules
Salt to taste (if necessary)
Omelet for wrapping
Salt & pepper to taste
1. Heat about 1 tbsp oil, sauté the garlic and onion until fragrant. Add in the chili paste and chicken, mixed vegetables; continue stir until the chicken cooked.
2. Season with salt, soy, chicken stock and then break the egg. Stirs and finally add in the cooked rice. Mixed thoroughly. Removed and set aside
3. Make and omelet, when it almost done , scoop fried rice and put it in the middle of the omelet. Then wrap it neatly with the omelet
4. Turn over the Pattaya fried rice straight on to the plate and served.
Posted by Rokiah Jn at 9:47 pm
2 cups cooked macaroni
1/4 cup butter,
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 cup flour
4 cups milk
1 cup Shredded Cheddar cheese
1/4 melted butter
2 tbsp Breadcrumbs
1. Preheat oven at 180 degrees C
2. Boil macaroni until cooked. Drained and set aside
3. In a sauce pan add in 1/4 cup of butter, flour, milk, salt and cheddar cheese. Cook until thicken. Add macaroni and stir until evenly coated.
4. Pour the mixture into the baking tray and sprinkle with melted butter mixed with breadcrumbs.
5. Bake for about 40 minutes or until it turns brown.
Posted by Rokiah Jn at 9:33 pm