75g brown sugar
100g softened butter
Pineapples rings in syrup - (drained but keep the juice)
100g castor sugar
200g softened butter
200g self-raising flour
1 tsp baking powder
2 tbsp pineapple juice
1 tsp vanilla
Making the Topping
1. Preheat oven to 170 degree C (fan)
2. Whisk the butter and sugar until creamy. Spread it at the base of round baking tray.
3. Arrange the pineapple to cover the whole area and insert the cherry in the centre of it
Making the Cake
1. Using the mixer, whisk butter with sugar until creamy.
2. Reduced the speed and then breaks the eggs in, add in vanilla and pineapple juice. continue whisk until it's mixed thoroughly.
3. Add flour and baking powder gradually. Continue which until soft
4. Pour the mixture on the pineapple topping and bake for 35 minutes or until brown.
6. Removed and let it cool a bit before turn out the cake.
7. Cut and served with a scoop of ice cream