Thursday, 5 March 2015
3 pcs boneless chicken - sliced
1 tbsp dried prawn - soak and pound
3 cloves garlic - chopped
1" ginger - sliced
1 large onion - diced
3-4 pcs dries chili - cut
1 tsp corn flour
1 egg (white only)
Spring onion for garnishing
(A) - Mixed into a bowl
1 tbsp dark soya sauce
1 tbsp oyster sauce
1 light soya sauce
1 tbsp corn flour
2 tbsp water
1 tsp black pepper
1tsp chicken stock - (powder)
1. Into a bowl, mixed chicken with pepper and salt. Coat with white egg and flour, deep fry until brown, set aside
2. Reduced the oil, leave about 1 tbsp oil. Sauté garlic, ginger, onion, curry leaves dried chili and dried chili until fragrance.
3. Add ingredient (A), stir for few second, once its thickened add in the fried chicken. Give it a quick stir and then remove from the heat.
Posted by Rokiah Jn at 5:34 pm
Wednesday, 4 March 2015
1 bowl cold rice
1 tsp tom yum paste
1 tsp dried chili paste
1 large onion - sliced
2 garlic - chopped
4 pcs prawn - diced
1 tsp light soya sauce
2 tsp fish sauce
1 tsp oyster sauce
1 lemon grass (just the white) - chopped
2 kafir leaves - finely sliced
1 tsp chicken stock (powder)
Mixed vegetables (carrot/geen peas/corns etc)
1. Heat about 1 tbsp oil, sauté until brown and then add onion and prawn. stirs
2. Add tom yum paste, dried chili paste and mixed vegetables.
3. Add in the other ingredients and rice. Stir for about 3 minutes.
4. Garnished with egg loss or green onion and served.
Posted by Rokiah Jn at 1:39 pm
Tuesday, 3 March 2015
4 cups bread flour
1 packet Instant yeast (1/4 oz)
1/3 cup of sugar
1 tsp salt
1cup of milk
1/3 cup unsalted butter
3 eggs yolks
1. Heat up milk and butter, just to melt the butter. (about 100 degree). Transfer into the mixer bowl and then sprinkle yeast in it then allow it to sit for about 5 minutes
2. Once the yeast mixture starts to bubbles, add flour, sugar, egg and salt, mixed from low to high until the flour mixed thoroughly. Increase the speed until dough if formed.
3. Transfer the dough into a flat surface, starts knead with your hand for about 5 minutes. Then transfer into the bowl (lightly greased with oil). Grease the top of the dough and then cover with plastic wrap. Allow it to rice into double. Roughly about an hour.
4. Cut the dough into 12 pieces, and then roll to make into long strip (12"), tie it into knot. Grease the baking tray and arrange the dough in it. Cover with kitchen tower and allow to rest for another 15 minutes.
5. Meanwhile heat up the oven to 180 degrees C, bake for about 20 - 25 minutes until it turns brown.
6. Brush with melted butter immediately after take out from the oven.
Posted by Rokiah Jn at 8:36 pm
Sunday, 1 March 2015
3 1/2 cup bread flour or all purpose flour
1 cup warm water
1/4 cup sugar
1 tbsp instant yeast
1 tsp salt
3/4 cup water
2/3 cup milk
4 tbsp butter
1 1/2 tsp lemon juice
1. Preheat the oven to 180 degrees.
2. Add flour, sugar , yeast and salt into electric mixing bowl.
3. Melt butter with water and milk. But do not bring it to boil. You may use the microwave oven for about 1 minute. Stir the butter until it dissolve
4. Add into the flour and together with lemon juice. Mixed it for about 5 minutes from low to high speed.
5. Remove from the bowl and knead and shape it into round dough. Brush oil on top of it and then cover with plastic and allow it to rest for about 1 hour until double the size.
6. Punch the dough and knead again. Cut the dough into 9 pieces and then shape the dough into small balls and placed it on the baking tray (make sure oil it first)
7. Cover with towel and allow it to rise again for about another 30 minutes.
8. Bake into the oven until it turn brown.
9. Remove from the oven and then brush melted butter on it. Allow to cool before serve.
Posted by Rokiah Jn at 4:26 pm
3 medium size potato - peeled
1 1/2 cups mayonnaise
1 tbsp white vinegar
1 tbsp yellow mustard
1 tsp salt
1 stalk celery - diced
1 small yellow onion - chopped
2 hard-boiled egg - cut or diced
Pepper and salt to taste
1. Boil peeled potato until cook but not too soft. Drain and allow to cool. Diced the potato and set aside
2. In a large bowl, mixed all other ingredient accept the boil egg. Season to your taste.
3. Add potato and mixed well, you may add the egg and stir together with the potato or just place it on top when serving.
Posted by Rokiah Jn at 4:00 pm
1/2 pack Thai rice noodles
1 pcs boneless chicken - sliced
1 cup bean sprout (optional)
1 carrot - sliced
2-3 cloves garlic - chopped
2 tbsp fish sauce
1/2 tsp tamarind paste
1/2 tsp lime juice
1 tbsp palm sugar
1 tsp chili paste (depending on your taste)
1 tbsp peanut - (fried and pounded)
Chinese chives - optional
1 boiled egg
1. Soak noodles until soft and set aside.
2. Heat oil in a wok, and sauté garlic until fragrance. Add in the chicken, stir fry for about 5 minutes and then set aside.
3. Break 1 egg, into the wok and add chili, continue stir; then add in the chicken and peanut. Season with fish oil, sugar lime juice.
4. Add noodles when its about to cook add in the bean sprout, carrot and chives. Stir fry until cooked
5. Garnished with coriander leave and boiled egg.
Posted by Rokiah Jn at 12:28 pm
pizza .. Anyone??? ..
For Pizza Base
2 cups all purpose flour
1 packet instant yeast
3/4 cup warm water
1 tsp sugar
3/4 tsp salt
3 tbsp olive oil
1 pc chicken breast - diced
1 can pineapple - diced
4 pcs mushroom - slice
4-5 pcs cherry tomato - cut into 2
1 red capsicum - diced
1 large yellow onion
1 packet Mozzarella cheese
3 tbsp tomato sauce ) combine
1 tbsp BBQ sauce ) into a small bowl
Salt, pepper and paprika powder
1. Add instant yeast into the warm water. Allow to rest for about 5 minutes
2. Combine flour, oil, sugar , yeast and salt in a bowl. Knead until it becomes dough; add more flour if it is too sticky.
3. Cover the bowl with towel or plastic wrap. Let it rest until it double the size (about 1 hour)
4. Once its ready, punch the dough and start roll it and place in the baking tray.
5. Pre-heat oven to 180 degree C. Bake this base for about 10 minutes, until it half cooked. Removed and add the topping and bake again until its ready.
1. Heat up 1 tbsp oil, sauté garlic until fragrance and then add in the chicken. Season with pepper, salt and paprika. Set aside
2. Glaze the half cooked pizza base with tomato and BBQ sauce. Top up with chicken, tomato, capsicum, pineapple and onion. Top up with cheese evenly
3, Bake until its turn brown for about 15 minutes.
Posted by Rokiah Jn at 10:51 am