|Deep Fried Fish with 3 flavors|
For the Fish
Siakap (Barramundi) or kerapu (garoupa)
2 tbsp plain flour
1 tsp turmeric powder
1/4 tsp salt
Cooking oil for deep fry
For the Sauce
3 garlic - chopped
5 onion - chopped
1/2" ginger - chopped
1 tsp chilli paste (optional)
3-4 birds eye chilli (chili padi) - slowly pound just to break
1/4 can pineapple cubed (keep the water)
1 tomato - cubed
2 tbsp oyster sauce
1 tsp plum sauce
1 tsp light soy sauce
1 tblsp fish sauce
1 tsp corn flour (add with water to make cornstarch)
1/2 tsp black pepper
Salt to taste
1. Coat fish with turmeric powder, plain flour and salt. Deep fry until crispy. Set a side
2. Heat a bit of oil in a wok, stir fry onion, garlic and ginger until fragrant.
3. Add in chilli paste & Birds eye chilli, and continue stirs.
4. Combine all other ingredients including the pineapple juice (add about 3 tblsp) cooked for 2-3 mins.
5. Season with salt and black pepper, soy sauce and fish sauce. Add cornstarch to thicken.
6. Pour the sauce on to the fried fish, garnish with corriander and served