|Simple Minced Beef Quiche|
2 cups flour (500gm)
290g cold butter (cut into cubes)
60ml chilled water
1 cup minced beef
3 tomatoes - cut into cubes
8 pcs button mushroom - sliced
3 garlic - chopped
1 large onion - cubed
1 red chili - chopped
1 tbsp chopped parsley
1 cup grated parmesan cheese
1/4 cup heavy creme
2 tbsp Olive oil
1 tbsp butter
freshly ground black pepper
Salt to taste
1. Heat the olive oil in the sauce pan. Add chopped garlic and chili, add in onions, stirs
2. Add minced beef, constantly stirs until cooked and then add parsley, tomatoes and mushroom. Season with black pepper and salt. Remove from the heat and set aside
3. Breaks the egg in to a bowl, beat until smooth. Add in the heavy creme and season with salt and black pepper.
1. Mixed flour and butter and use the food processor to turn into bread crumbs.
2. Add cold water and egg, pulse until it turn into dough
3. Pre heat the oven to 200 degree C.
4. Roll the dough to fit the baking pan. Bake for about 20 mins. Remove and then put baking paper with beans or rice on top (Blind bake). This is to ensure the pastry is pressed down.
5. Removed the beans or rice and then add the butter and fill in the filling and top up with the egg mixture and grated cheese.
6. Bake again at 190 degree, for another 20 mins or until its brown.
7. Allow to cool before serve