3 cups glutinous rice
2 tamarind peeled
2 tsp turmeric powder
2 cups coconut milk
4-5 pandan leaves
1 tsp salt
1. Soaked glutinous rice with water, turmeric poder and tamarind peeled, at least 6-8 hours (preferably overnight). When t done, removed the tamarind peel and drain the water.
2. At the meantime, boil the water in the steamer.
3. Cut the pandan leaves into 2 and arrange in the steamer tray to cover the holes. Put the glutinous in it and steam it for about 8-10 minutes.
4. Add salt to the coconut milk, stir and set a side
5. Reduced the heat and transfer it to a bowl. Add the coconut milk bit by bit and the put it back in the steamer and steam again until it cook.
6. Removed and allow to cool. Serve with beef/ chicken rendang.
Check for the rendang recipes http://icookumakan.blogspot.com/#!/2012/05/spicy-chicken-rendang.html