1 kg sweet potatoes (boiled and mashed)
1 tsp cornflour
salt to taste
A bit of water
1 cup grated coconut (white part only)
3 tbsp palm sugar (finely chopped)
1. Mixed grated coconut with palm sugar and mixed well
2. Combine mashed potato, cornflour, salt and a bit of water. Knead until it becomes stiff dough.
3. Shape small portions of dough into a small ball. Make a hole in the centre and insert the coconut filling. Close up the hole and reshape the ball.
4. Roll the ball onto sesame seeds and then lightly roll on the cornflour.
5. Heat oil in awok, and deep fry until golden brown. Removed and drain the oil on kitchen roll.
6. Served with coffee or tea