Ingredient for Pastry
150g cold butter
2 cups plain flour
1 egg - lightly beaten
A pinch of salt
Ingredient for Filling
1 small can of sardine
1 onion - chopped
Red chillie - removed the seeds and chopped
Salt to taste
Step 1 - Making the pastry
1. Combine butter, flour & a pinch of salt. Make it into breadcrumbs.
2. Add in chilled water (just a bit) and knead until become soft dough
3. Cover with cling wrap and keep in the fridge.
Step 2- Making the Sardine
1. Mashed sardines, add in diced ingredients.
2. Add in a bit of sardine sauce if too dry.
3. Squeeze lime juice and mixed well
Step 3- Making the Roll
1. Roll the dough thinly. Cut into small squares.
2. Put the filling in the middle and roll it.
3. Arrange in baking tray. Use fork, make a small hole on the rolls
7. Bake in a preheated oven at 180C for 20-30 minutes or till golden brown.