For the Dough
1/2 kg sweet potatoes (boiled and mashed)
1 cup plain flour
1 tsp sugar
1/2 tsp salt
For the Filling
3 cups grated coconut
1/4 cup dried shrimps
Sugar and salt to taste
Paste (To be blended or pound)
4 red chilies (deseeded)
5 dried chili (deseeded)
1 tsp tumeric powder
Making the Filling
1. Soak the dried shrimp in hot water and then pound it. Set aside
2. Heat 2 tbsp oil and stir fry chili paste and dried shrimps until fragrant
3. Add in the grated coconut and mix well
4. Add salt and sugar to taste. Removed and set a side
Making the dough
1. Boil the potatoes for about 20 minutes. Mashed them in a bowl. Leave to cool
2. And then mixed with flour, sugar and salt. Knead until soft dough formed.
3. Add flour if its too soft and sticky.
4. Dust your hand with flour, and take a bit of dough (small ball), flattern it and put the filling.
5. Cover the filling neatly. Complete the process until finished
6. Heat oil and deep fry until golden brown.
7. Served while still hot