If you are from Ipoh, Perak, you will know about this dish, in fact you can tell which restaurant or stall selling the best Kuay Teow soup. There are many other ways of making the dish. This the way that I used to cook , as it's suits to taste.
1 packet (500g) Kuay Teow (white flat noodles)
2 pcs chicken breast
1 bowl bean sprout
Fish ball or fish cakes
1 bunch chinese chives
1 stalk spring onion
1/2 tsp sesame oil
1 tsp cooking oil
1 tsp soy sauce
1/2 tsp pepper
3 cloves garlic - chopped
1 bowl (300g) Prawn
2 cups chicken broth
Salt to taste
1. Rub the chicken with sesame oil, pepper and cooking oil. Merinade for 10-20 minutes.
2. Steam the chicken until cooked, removed and let it cold before shredd or cut the meat
3. Heat 1 tbsp oil, saute the garlic until brown and then add prawn and chicken broth.Bring to boil. Season with soy sauce and pepper.
4. Remove the prawn and peel the skin. Keep the head and shell
5. Heat 2 tbsp oil in sauce pan, fried the prawn shell until crispy. Removed the shell and add the remaining brown oil to the soup.
6. Boil water in a pot, and blanch kuay teow, bean sprout and chives separately. And then boiled the fish boil or fish cake. Set a side
6. Serving - Add kuay teow and chives in a bowl, arrange with prawn, shredded chicken and fish ball. Pour the gravy and garnish with spring onion and cut chili.
Note: Make the chicken broth by boiling the chicken bones