Saturday 8 December 2012

Papaya Pickle (Jeruk Betik)

I plucked the papaya from the garden, its really a lot as I tried to save it from the squirrel.  A friend of mine suggested that I make pickle out of it. I had never make this before and yeah.. why not give it a try. It turns out really nice.. and now I'm sharing it with others. Cheers everyone!

Jeruk Betik

Ingredients
1 almost ripe papaya - Peeled and sliced
1 tbsp salt
1 cup vinegar
1 cup water
1 1/2 cup rock sugar
6 birds eye chili

Method
1. Peeled and cut the papaya about 1" thick. Wash and add with salt. Rub thoroughly and marinade for about 1 hour.
2. Add in water, vinegar and sugar in a small pot. Boil until it dissolved and leave to cool.
3. Drain the papaya and arrange it in the glass jar with the chili. Pour the rolled vinegar syrup and marinade again for another 4-5 hours.
4. Store in the fridge before served.







No comments: