My daughter loves baking and this is one of her recipe. Taste is really good.
Ingredients for Pie Filling
1 bowl chicken meat (tendeloins) - diced
1 leek - cut
3 cloves gralics - chopped
3 sheets puff pastry
1 egg yolk - whipped
1 tsp chicken stock
1 tblsp butter
1 tsp blackpepper
Ingredient for Bechamel Sauce
100g plain flour
Step 1 - Making the chicken
1. Melt butter in a hot pan. Fry garlic and leek until soft
2. Mix in chicken, stir until cooked
3. Add in chicken stock, black pepper and salt to taste. Remove from heat and set aside
Step 2 - Making Bechamel Sauce
1. Combine butter and flour in a hot pan
2. Slowly mixed in the milk until consistent thickness
3. Add into the chicken & leek, and stir thoroughly
Step 3- Baking the Pie
1. Preheat oven at 180 degree
2. Lay puff pastry in a pie pan and blind-bake for 20mins or until golden brown.
(Note: Blind-bake - put approximately 2-3 cups of rice or beans on the pastry to prevent it rising)
3. Remove the pastry from oven, and place the chicken mixture in the pie.
4. Cover the top with another layer of puff pastry and brush with egg yolk.
5. Bake for another 15 mins.