1 pckt Laksa noodles
1 cucumber - sliced
1 big onion - sliced
1 red chili Pineapple - slice
4-5pcs Sardine or Mckerel fish - clean and boiled
1 ginger flower
10 sprigs kesum leaves ( Vietnamese mint)
2 lemon grass -
2 tblsp Prawn paste (otak udang)
1tblsp tamarind paste (asam jawa)
3 tamarind peel (asam keping)
Ingredient B - To blend
4 pcs dried chili (depending on your taste)
2 red chili
1" galangal - sliced
1 lemon grass - sliced
Step 1: Making the Laksa gravy
1. Boil the fish until cook. Remove the fish from pot but keep the stock. Carefully remove the bones. Pound the boneless fish and put it back into the stock. Blend the remaining fish head and tail until fine, add to the stock using the strainer (to ensure there is no bones).
2. Blend ingredient B to paste and add into the fish stock. Add tamarind peel and bring to boil. Add prawn paste, fish sauce, salt, tamarind paste and kesum leaves. Let it simmer for about 15 mins.
3. Laksa gravy is ready
Step 2: Serving Preparations
1. Boil water and blanch laksa noodles for few a minutes, removed and keep a side
2. Slice the cucumber (lengthwise), pineapple, onion and chili.
3. Put laksa noodles and the vegetables in a bowl and pour in the gravy. Garnish with mint leaves and chili. Served while it's hot